Whether you are a truly romantic couple, someone who loves a fun-filled vacation or just looking for a place which rejuvenates your mind, body, and soul with its serene beauty, the Maldives is a blend of everything. And as a couple, you should not miss doing these ten romantic things on your honeymoon in the Maldives:
- Taking an Early Morning Walk at the Beach- Wake up to a stunning sunrise on your Maldivian honeymoon. Take a walk hand in hand or simply sit down on the white sand beach, enjoying the slight warmth of the sun and water swashing back and forth.
- Dive in Together- Dive into the ocean with your beloved and witness a breathtaking sea life, exploring the underwater beauty in the Maldives. You can also try snorkeling to discover a world of colorful and exotic fishes and a rich variety of coral reefs. Two of the best places for diving are Tewa Stross and Ari Atoll.
- Escape to the Underwater World- Plan a date with your better half underwater with Ithaa restaurant. It is an all glass undersea restaurant which will leave you with an unforgettable experience. And if you are a lover of European cuisine, this is a perfect place for you. A lot of people book it for private ceremonies and occasions like weddings, while for couples, it can be easily converted into a romantic bedroom surrounded by stunning aquatic life. In the morning, you can enjoy delicious breakfast served with some champagne.
- Island Hopping for an Extra Ordinary Experience- Get lost in the majestic beauty of this region by indulging in island hopping. It is the best way to take a tour of the country and its mind-blowing resorts through the serene waters of the sea. You will get to explore the local inhabited islands, learning about the daily life of the local population, the culture of Maldives, and its flora and fauna. Island hopping is one of the main activities that one should not miss.
- Indulge in Couple Spa Treatments- Nothing feels better than indulging in a spa or massage with your partner. So, when in the Maldives, don’t forget to get pampered with refreshing couple spa treatments and share some romantic moments on your honeymoon.
- Wine and Dine under a Starry Sky- Raise a toast to a new beginning with your soul mate under the sky full of gleaming stars, experiencing the most romantic dinner on the beach. Since the Maldives is known for its diverse variety of cuisines, you can choose from a multitude of options for that very special occasion. Go to a themed restaurant or enjoy a candlelight dinner in a private setting in a secluded spot right on the beach.
- Touring the Capital of Maldives- Take some time off from your resort and indulge in an excursion to MalÃ©, the Island capital of Maldives. Here, you will get an overview of the city life and Maldivian culture. Take a stroll on the streets, visit the main market, and dive into the artificial beach pool. There are many attractions too that you can include in your MalÃ© tour like Sultan Park, the President’s Palace, National Museum, and Friday Mosque.
- Making Magical Moments with Glow-in-the-Dark Beach- Ever heard of a beach which glows in the dark? No, we are not kidding. In some parts of the beaches (majorly in Mudhdhoo Island) in the Maldives, you will witness this magic and feel as if you are living a dream. But there is a science behind this. There are certain organisms called ostracod crustaceans in the water that illuminate the beach at night, turning it into a starry sky. To catch a glimpse, you can choose to stay in properties like Dusit Thani, Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, and Angsana Ihuru.
- Cruising Amidst the Radiant Water- Your honeymoon is incomplete if you don’t have cruising on your bucket list. If you want to experience the real taste of luxury in the Maldives, this is it. Just imagine yourself enjoying the cruise under the bright white moonlight, sipping some sparkling water and getting into the heart of Maldives.
- Taking a Stroll Under Water in Submarines- Add some adventure to your Maldivian honeymoon by exploring the intensity of the blue ocean through a submarine ride with your loved one. The best way to do this is to book a Whale Submarine off MalÃ© from your resort which will take you deep into the waters where you will discover everything from shipwrecks to sharks.
5 Essential Maldives Honeymoon Tips
While planning a couple holiday in the Islands of Maldives, make sure to keep in mind these Maldives honeymoon tips:
- The best time to visit is from November to April which is considered as a dry season.
- Carry extra cash as you might have to pay a lot of taxes on the food and drinks shipped and flown into the island.
- Pack a good quantity of sunscreen and sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from the scorching heat.
- Do not miss carrying insect repellents because the weather gets humid at times which can be a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Always keep a camera along with you to capture those special moments spent together.